Reviewing products and presenting your honest assessment to your audience is quickly becoming an important aspect of an affiliate partnership. If you are considering offering product reviews, we have put together some pointers to ensure that these efforts continue to build your partnerships.
- Inquire about products to review.
- Ensure your request is professional.
- Provide your audience demographic and outreach potential.
- If possible, provide examples of reviews you have completed.
- Keep in mind that not all merchants provide products to review as part of their affiliate strategy.
- Ensure that you are fully aware of the expectations from your merchant partner sending the product.
- Do they expect you to keep the product, or do they want the product back? If sending it back, review the process to ensure they can do so.
- Do they have an expectation of when a post about the product should be live? Does it align with your schedule?
- Does the merchant have any posting requirements?
- Does the merchant expect a specific Return on Ad Spend from sending the product, or is this more of a word-of-mouth or branding opportunity for you?
- Does the merchant expect to review your work before posting?
- Ensure that you are utilizing the most appropriate AvantLink affiliate tools to create links. Custom Link Builder or Easy Link tools.
- Provide continual updates to your merchant partners. This is especially important once the product has been sent. Ensure the merchant is aware when you have received the product. Reconfirm a schedule of any expectations outlined above (i.e., when the review will be live or when the post will be available for review).
- Provide performance metrics after the post.
Reviewing products as part of your affiliate strategy adds tremendous value to your audience as they search for the perfect product and it can provide another avenue to build relationships with your merchant partners.
For any additional questions, please reach out to the AvantLink team (email@example.com).