Gift Guides and Media Kits are high converters - especially in Q4 - and excellent evergreen content year-round. It is also a great way to generate additional affiliate income through commission increases and flat fee placements. All publishers should consider creating media kits or gift guides to share with their merchant advertisers.
Media Kits provide a one-stop shop for merchant advertisers to understand your audience and partnership opportunities. Below are some suggestions when creating and optimizing your media kit.
- Identify attractive data of your outreach capabilities:
- Newsletters: number of subscriber base, open rate percentage
- Large social media: traffic and follower count for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube Channel, TikTok, etc.
- Website: monthly unique visitors and monthly page views
- Outline different ways you can showcase their brand:
- Product review
- Dedicated blog post
- Social media post
- Offer different payment options for the additional exposure:
- Flat fee
- Commission increase
- Hybrid - commission increase and discounted flat fee
Gift Guides give you the power to showcase your brand partnerships and their products to your audience. Gift Guides are great for all special holidays, including Father’s Day, Mother’s Day, and the Holiday Season. Below are some questions to help you develop your gift guides.
- What type of products sold best in previous years, and which are still hot this season?
- What would your merchant partners recommend as a gift in your guide?
- What type of products would your audience find interest in?
- What are the best product deals or discounts that would engage your audience’s interest?
As an affiliate publisher, it is crucial to outline the best ways to engage your audience. Media kits and gift guides provide partnership opportunities in an easy-to-read format and are great conversation starters with new or seasoned merchant partners. Contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org for examples or to explore additional ideas.