Merchant advertisers can apply a Qualified Coupon Code rule (QCC) to any coupon code. When setting up a QCC, merchants can designate/authorize either a single affiliate or a tag group of affiliates that can use the code code. When a sale occurs, AvantLink 'qualifies' the use of the coupon code before rewarding commission:
- If the sale resulted from a click associated to an authorized affiliate that can use the coupon code, commission is rewarded.
- If a sale resulted from a click associated to a non authorized affiliate, the sale will track but zero commission is rewarded.
This can be an opportunity to develop valuable strategic partnership opportunities among affiliates while protecting the use of coupon codes. Check out Exclusive Coupon Code rules and Restricted Coupon Code rules for additional options.
Merchants must pass AvantLink coupon code values in their tracking.
There are two options to verify that your tracking is properly configured to pass coupon code values.
- Check Reporting. Navigate to the Classic Reports page and run the Sales Commission Details report. You are properly set up if coupon codes are displayed in the report. Note: you may have to select "Show more columns" to see the coupon code data.
- Perform Tracking Test. If you cannot confirm coupon codes are tracking via your reporting you should Perform a tracking test with a sale that involves a coupon code. If the results return the coupon code in the Sales Commission Details report noted above, you are properly set up.
HOW TO SET UP A QUALIFIED COUPON CODE RULE
Using the navigation menu in the upper left of the screen, click Commission Tools > Coupon Code.
Next, select Add Rule and enter the following information:
- Ensure the rule type is ‘Qualified’
- Enter the coupon code
- Select the affiliate or tag group
- Select ‘Add Rule’
You have now created the Qualified Coupon Code rule.
BEST PRACTICE & IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
- Affiliate(s) that are authorized to use a QCC are not automatically notified. You must reach out directly to let them know the coupon code to use or create an ad with the coupon code and designate it to those affiliate(s).
- The terms and conditions for your merchant program will auto-update when at least one QCC is active. It will let affiliates in your program know to only use coupon codes available to them to ensure they receive commission. The terms and conditions page does not list actual coupon codes; it is just a general statement.
- If you wish to stage an QCC to start in the future, the best practice is to set up the QCC in AvantLink early and then have the coupon promotion go live at a later date in your eCommerce platform.
HOW TO REVIEW QCC PERFORMANCE
There are a few ways to measure the performance of an QCC:
- Sales Commission Detail report
- Navigate to the Classic reports page and run the Sales Commission Details report.
- Select ‘Show more columns’ will expose the Coupon Code column.
- Filter to the specific coupon code or by the transaction type "Sale (Qualified Coupon)”.
- Performance report
- Navigate to the Performance Reports page.
- Select ‘Group Rows By’ > Advanced. This will open a new window.
- Select 'Transactions'
- Add the ‘Coupon Code’ dimension to a report.
Offering a qualified coupon can go a long way in securing media placements with affiliates. Affiliates may discount or waive placement fees altogether if they can promote an exclusive coupon to their audience.
If you have questions on how to set up or effectively use the Exclusive Coupon Code feature, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.