After optimizing affiliate relationships, a successful affiliate program requires continually adding new partners to the mix. However, in a recent survey of affiliate program managers, affiliate recruitment continues to be the biggest struggle. The AvantLink team knows how important - and at times frustrating - affiliate recruitment can be, so we put together some pointers on additional tactics to pursue when recruitment stalls.
- Offer an incentive to join your program. Incentives can take on multiple forms, including a one-time monetary bonus for joining or offering a temporary commission increase.
- Connect via other communication avenues. LinkedIn can be a great way to gauge an affiliate publishers’ interest in working with your brand.
- Personalize your recruitment message. Review the affiliate publishers site and, in your recruitment message, offer specific ideas around where your brand can be featured.
- Review your Recruitment Email Template to ensure you have accurate information. Ensure that your recruitment email includes evergreen offers and partnership capabilities (increased commission rate, product seeding, discount codes, etc..).
- Don’t give up. When an affiliate publisher doesn’t take action on your recruitment offer after 30 days, you can resend the offer. Don’t get discouraged. Affiliate publishers may need 2-3 offers before action is taken.
Recruitment is critical and can take some time and effort. As always, our team is here to help. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we are happy to walk you through your program and what recruitment strategies may work best for your program.