What is an Exclusive Coupon Code?
Merchants have the ability to configure Exclusive Coupon Codes (ECC). These coupon codes are exclusive to a specific affiliate. Any sale using the ECC will be awarded to the affiliate whether or not a click is present. This is beneficial for affiliates that can drive traffic via social channels or podcasts where it is difficult to generate a click.
How can I get an Exclusive Coupon Code?
An Exclusive Coupon Code is negotiated directly with the merchant.
What reports show Exclusive Coupon Codes?
There are a two ways to measure the performance of an ECC:
- Sales Commission Detail report
- Navigate to the Classic reports page and run the Sales Commission Details report.
- Select ‘Show more columns’ will expose the Coupon Code column.
- Filter to the specific coupon code or by the transaction type "Sale (Exclusive Coupon)”.
NOTE: You will know that the ECC rule was initiated for a particular order if you see ‘Exclusive Coupon Code’ listed in the Tool Name column. This confirms that the code was used without a click present in the clickstream. If any other tool name is listed in association with the specific coupon code, an affiliate click occurred in association with the order.
- Performance Summary by Tool Type report
- Navigate to the Classic reports page and run the Performance Summary By Tool Type report.
- Review the number of sales and sale amounts associated with the Exclusive Coupon Code.
NOTE: This report outlines the number of sales that were attributed to the ECC rule. It denotes the sales generated with the use of the Exclusive Coupon Code when there was NO CLICK present in the path to purchase.
It does not solely indicate the number of times the ECC was used as it could have been used in association with the click. See previous bullet to review.