Image and banner ads are an important visual representation of your brand and its promotions. Having a variety of sizes provides more opportunity for affiliates to promote your brand. In this article we will review:
- Standard Banner Ad Campaign Sizes
- Other Popular Ad Sizes
- Mobile Banner Ad Campaigns
- General Ad Creation Guidelines
- Uploading Banner Ads
STANDARD BANNER AD CAMPAIGN SIZES
Recommended Standard Ad Units
- 300×250 px (Medium Rectangle)
- 180×150 px (Rectangle)
- 728×90 px (Leaderboard)
- 468×60 px (Full Banner)
- 234×60 px (Half Banner)
- 160×600 px (Wide Skyscraper)
- 300×600 px (Half Page Ad)
- 120×60 px (Button 2)
- 88×31 px (Micro Bar)
OTHER POPULAR AD UNITS
- 120×240 px (Vertical Banner)
- 125×125 px (Square Button)
- 120×600 px (Skyscraper)
- 250×250 px (Square Pop-Up)
- 336×280 px (Large Rectangle)
MOBILE BANNER AD CAMPAIGNS
While not official, industry-wide guidelines have been established for standardized mobile ad sizes. The Mobile Marketing Association has put together some basic size and layout recommendations here. For purposes of creating mobile ads on AvantLink, we recommend basing ads on the screen resolutions of current Apple and Samsung smartphones and tablet models. All dimensions are based on a portrait screen orientation:
- iPhone X: 375x812 px
- iPhone 6/7/8: 375x667 px
- iPhone 6/7/8 Plus: 414x736 px
- iPad: 768×1024 px
- iPad Pro 1024x1356 px
- Pixel 2: 411x731 px
- Pixel 2 XL: 411x823 px
- Moto G4 360x640 px
- Galaxy S5: 360×640 px
- Galaxy Fold: 280×653 px
- Surface Duo: 540x720
GENERAL BANNER AD CREATION GUIDELINES
All banner ad units must be under 150KB, and the following file formats are accepted: .png, .gif, .jpg.
You might also browse the IAB Ad Unit Lists for additional voluntary guidelines.
With the exception of the Micro Bar (which has room for logo only), all other banner ad units should include the three following:
- Clear visual elements of a brand/logo identity or product image(s).
- Concise messaging oriented around promotions, new arrivals, top-selling products, seasonal specials, free shipping, etc.
- Call to action for example “Browse”, “Click Here” or “Shop Now”.
UPLOADING BANNER ADS
AvantLink makes it easy to add text and banner ads to your program. See the support article: Creating Text and Banner Ad Campaigns.
If you have additional questions or need assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.