As an affiliate/publisher, it is important to periodically review your account and implement optimization opportunities with brands/merchants. Below are a few ideas to help critically review and breathe new life into your efforts.
1. Focus on Current Partners
- Reach out to the brands you work with and see if they are open to having you review relevant products, plan sponsored content or other placements.
- Post content on a regular basis. If a brand sees that you aren’t consistent with your content they could potentially shy away from a partnership.
- Follow up with the brands you work with after you have posted content for them. Provide further insights into the performance of the content and kindly mention you hope to work together in the future.
- Update or create your media kit/one pager to ensure merchant partners understand the parameters of a partnership with your program. Reach out to AvantLink (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that we can promote among merchant partners on this page: https://www.avantlink.com/affiliate-partner-media-kits/.
- Sign-up for merchant emails and newsletters, follow their social pages.
2. Join + Engage New Partners
- Engage with your viewers, note what they are reacting to and what they are asking you about. This will help engage the brands that will amplify their lifestyle and your content.
- Apply for new programs that are directly aligned with your content and immediately send a reply, if accepted, on partnership ideas and how you can work together.
- Review the new brands joining your program. Email the contact to connect and learn about their goals and how those align with your strategy and upcoming content.
- Watch for new merchants in the dashboard and use our merchant directory to find more opportunities: https://www.avantlink.com/programs/
3. Optimize Your Site/Outreach
- Work on your website’s SEO to have better search results and more eyes on your website.
- Identify links on your site that are no longer live or broken.
- Collect email addresses from your audience and send out newsletters. This can help create seasonal gift guides and provide an additional way to monetize your activity.
A successful affiliate program involves building long term partnerships with the brands you work with. This can be done not only with performance but with communication and transparency. Keep in mind that affiliate marketing takes commitment and consistency to really build your program and show results.