Disclaimer: You should not place an order through your own affiliate link, unless explicitly agreed to by the merchant.
If you ever are uncertain whether or not your links are working correctly, you can use this guide to help troubleshoot.
For affiliate sales to be recorded, there are a number of important things to note:
- There must be a cookie set in the customer's browser.
- Our scripts must be in place on the merchant's website.
- We must pass through our URL parameters. (more details below)
- The affiliate link must be formatted correctly.
1. Make sure the link is in the following format (this link is intentionally inactive)
Your link should be in this format. Additional url parameters may exist but these are the defaults
2. Ensure you are not using Incognito Mode, blocking cookies, or using any blocking plugins. There are many 3rd browser plugins that can block affiliate links from tracking, such as Noscript, Adblock, and Ghostery.
3. Click on the link. You should then land on the merchant website, with a url parameter "avad", (ex. "mywebsite.com/?avad=1234_kjsdf83"). If this is not happening in your browser, the merchant's tracking may be down, or something in your browser is preventing the link from working.
4. Check on the merchant site for a cookie called "avmws". You can do this by searching for the cookie with your browser's developer tools.
5. The final thing to check is the merchant tracking. This must be done from the merchant side. If you are an affiliate, please reach out to email@example.com and we will be able to further assist.