Ensuring that your affiliate program’s description and terms are accurate, compelling, and continually updated, is important in communicating the benefits for affiliates who might be interested in joining your program. This article will review:
- Accessing Description and Terms
- Writing a Compelling Program Description
- Confirming Additional Affiliate Partnership Details
ACCESSING YOUR PROGRAM DESCRIPTION AND TERMS
Navigate to Menu > Account Settings > Program Terms
EDITING YOUR PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
On this page, you can edit your program’s description. This description appears publicly on your program details page on AvantLink.com (http://avantlink.com/programs). It's very important that the description is updated consistently to reflect what affiliates can expect working with the merchant.
Formatted in HTML, the program details allows you to highlight why an affiliate should join your program and any prohibitions prospective partners should be aware of. To write an enticing program description, below are some tips and examples from top merchants:
- Highlight details including what makes your company and its products unique
- Feature the competitive aspects of your program, for example:
- Commission rate
- Cookie duration
- Shipping policies
- Average order values
- Outline any marketing activities prohibited when working with your program
To review a great example of a program’s detail description, see REI: https://www.avantlink.com/programs/10248/rei.com-affiliate-program
Note: Commission Criteria and Commission Type are not adjustable by users. If you wish to edit these options or learn more about them, please contact email@example.com.
EDITING YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION
To edit the primary, billing, and affiliate manager contact information select the Account Profile tab.
CONFIRMING AFFILIATE PARTNERSHIP DETAILS
This page also allows you to outline important partnership criteria among your affiliates.
- Countries your company ships to:
- Auto approval of applications based on a number of parameters, including:
- Business Classifications
- State location
- Country location
Note: Auto Approve Qualifications is not adjustable by users. If you wish to edit this option or learn more about them, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Timing of transaction inquiry approvals. By default, transaction inquiries require manual approval, but there are auto-approval options after 7,14, and 21 days.
- Performance Incentives. This selection will allow you to set up performance thresholds for affiliates that - if met - will increase commission payouts.
- Terms and Conditions. This selection will allow you to add or edit your program's rules and guidelines.
Note: Performance Incentives and Terms and Conditions are not adjustable by users. If you wish to edit this option or learn more about them, please contact email@example.com.
ADDITIONAL EDITS OR QUESTIONS
Certain sections are prohibited from public edits. If you wish to add or modify these sections, email firstname.lastname@example.org to request edits to any of these sections.