Need a quick and easy way to get the latest promotion and sale updates from your advertiser/merchant partners? AvantLink’s Ad Management tool provides a central location to identify and integrate the perfect ad for your site.
From your AvantLink dashboard, navigate to Ad Tools > Ad Management. Looking for something specific? Selecting the filter icon to the right of the page will allow you to search by:
- Ad Type: Search by Banner or Text Ads
- Banner sizes: Search for specific banner ad dimensions.
- Ad Name: Search by the name of the ad campaign given by the merchant.
- Ad Id: Search by the unique number for the ad, which is automatically generated by AvantLink.
- Ad Labels: Search by the labels, which are automatically assigned when a merchant updates the ad and can denote:
- New = Modified in last seven days
- Dynamic = Scheduled to update
- Designated = Available for select affiliates
- Promotion Types: Search by the type designated by the merchant. Merchant can choose the primary offer of the promotion:
- Buy One Get One (BOGO)
- Free Shipping
- Gift With Purchase
- Coupon Code: Search by ads that a merchant has associated with a coupon code.
- Ad Tags: Search by keywords designated by the merchant. Examples are Black Friday, Cyber Week, Anniversary Sale, etc.
Once you have identified the perfect ad or promotion, adding them to your site is quick and easy. Simply select the Get Link button next to the ad and choose the appropriate integration method.
Step 1 - Select Integration Type.
A common question often asked: what are the main differences among the integration types?
- Banner & Text ads will update when the ad is changed by the merchant. This is a great option for affiliates as many merchants update specific ads with their current promotion. If the ad name says 'current promotion', the merchant typically keeps updating that ad. If there is a Dynamic ad label associated with the ad, it is currently scheduled to have an update in the future.
- Banner & Text Ads will record impressions with this integration type.
- Banner ads only will update on your site when the ad is changed by the merchant.
- Banner & Text ads will record impressions with this integration type.
- Provides the ability to insert a tracking link to any text or image on your site.
- Text ads will not record impressions with this integration type.
- Banner ads will record impressions as long the Image URL is used. The Tracking URL is required for the tracking to work (the URL's are available separately).
Step Two - Choose Tracking Link Settings
- Affiliate Website: If you have multiple/secondary websites associated with your account, you can select which website you’d like to associate the performance of the ad to.
- Custom Tracking Code: The Custom Tracking Code (CTC) will add additional tracking parameters to every click the ad generates. For example, the CTC can be used to denote the placement of the ad on your website, you could use the following term as a CTC: Homepage Leaderboard. Then use the Classic report: Performance Summary By Custom Tracking Code to review the performance.