All other Shopify Merchants should use the integration guide below.
Shopify Tracking Script Implementation
- Log into your Shopify store.
- Install the AvantLink Merchant Tracking app.
Configure the app
- Enter your merchant ID. The merchant id was included in your Technical Integration Welcome email.
Note: The merchant id will not be displayed when you come back to the app, but it will be saved in the tracking script associated with your Shopify store.
- Copy the AvantLink script and then click the Settings > Checkout > Order Processing link.
Scroll down to the Order status page section and paste the AvantLink script into the Additional Scripts input. There is a link in AvantLink the app to take you to this page. If there are existing scripts, place the AvantLink script at the top of the input. Be careful to not overwrite any of the scripts.
Note: If your store has installed an app that adds a post-purchase page to your store's checkout an additional field will be displayed for adding tracking script for post-purchase events. Do NOT add the AvantLink script to that box, add it to the Script box that is outlined in the screenshot below.
- Save your changes on both the AvantLink App and the Shopify Checkout page.