AvantLink merchants and merchant parent accounts have the ability to assign administrative and program management access to new users. Affiliates also gain the ability to get more specific with the permissions they assign to new admin users to their accounts. This allows AvantLink users to directly maintain all aspects of their administrative relationships.
Access to the Manage Users can be found by logging into your account and clicking the Menu button > ‘Account Settings' > 'Manage Users’. From here, a full list of all user accounts linked to your program is displayed. Each user will show whether or not it’s active, the creation date and the last edit/adjustment date.
To add a new user to the program, click the ‘New User’ button at the top left of the screen (the same options below can be edited for each existing user by clicking ‘Edit’). When clicked, you will be asked to provide the email of the new user, followed by their first and last name as well as permission levels for their account. For merchants, two permission levels can be assigned for each user:
- Merchant Access: Permission to access reporting, manage affiliate relationships, create/edit ad campaigns and other basic functionality within the AvantLink system.
- Create/Edit Users: Permission to create new user accounts and edit permissions for existing users. To enable this feature, the merchant access permission level must also be selected.
Every merchant will also show a listing for a user named ‘AvantLink Disruptobot’ that cannot be removed. This “user” simply allows AvantLink administrative access.
Merchant Parent Accounts
New users can be added to manage the entire suite of programs contained within the parent account utilizing the same permissions listed above. For agencies, OPMs and merchants with multiple programs, giving access to new users over all programs under their umbrella is far more advantageous than individual assignments. However, if new users only need access to a fraction of the programs within a merchant parent account, use the merchant-level user access/permission process listed in the section above.
Click the ‘New User’ button at the top left of your account screen- or select an existing account to edit permissions for- and start by adding the user’s email and name. At this point, the following permission options will be available to assign:
- Affiliate Access: Permission for basic access to the affiliate account.
- Configure Ad Tools: Create and edit advertising tools for deployment on the affiliate website.
- Create/Edit Users: Create new user accounts and edit permissions for existing users.
- Manage Merchant Relationships: Establish new or terminate existing relationships with merchant programs.
- Manage Payout Methods: Add and edit methods for receiving commission payouts.
- View Reports: Access to all reporting, including performance reports.
Note On Creation/Edit Dates
Some users will show a creation date of June 13, 2018 while their users accounts were created earlier. This date reflects when the Manage Users tool was launched.