Now that you have submitted your affiliate application, the next step is to verify the ownership and your ability to edit your social channel, website, or another platform.
The verification methods are listed below:
- Social Media Account Verification
- Manual Verification
- Hosted Web Services / CMS Sites
SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNT VERIFICATION
(Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Twitch, Discord, etc.)
ONLY use this method on the social page YOU APPLIED WITH-this is NOT an authentication method for a traditional website and there is no need to authenticate social pages you have not applied with.
- Place #AvantLink or #your application id number - (for example #204322) on your profile or about section.
- Email AffiliateApps@AvantLink.com the following:
- a link to the exact page where you placed the hashtag.
- email correspondence verifying your invitation if you've been asked to join.
- your application Id number.
- An approval or denial email will be sent to the email address you applied with after we thoroughly review your application.
- Remove the hashtag after you receive our response.
TRADITIONAL WEBSITE VERIFICATION
If you are using a website template builder, Wix, Gatorhost, Squarespace, Blogger, etc., manual ownership authentication may be required. Please be sure all contact forms are functional. For manual confirmation, the AvantLink Affiliate Applications team (email@example.com) can contact you directly through your website's contact form. If you do not have a contact form set up AvantLink may attempt to contact you through any associated social channels tied to your website. If we cannot find a way to manually authenticate, it is likely you will be denied.
HOSTED WEB SERVICES/CMS SITES
Wix, Gatorhost, Blogger, ColdFusion, SquareSpace, Adobe Muse, etc: There may be special steps you need to take to allow integration of custom script. Sometimes it's as easy as selecting a "custom HTML" block. Please do a search for how this can be accomplished on your platform.
Sometimes, even if you follow all the steps, you may get a verification failure. In this case, or if you have any questions regarding any part of this process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once your site is verified, AvantLink’s Applications Team will review your application again to ensure that you are a good fit for the network. Please see our Affiliate Application FAQ, Reasons for Denial, and our Selection Criteria for more details. Please be patient, as the AvantLink Affiliate Applications team manually reviews each application, and it may take a week or longer!