So, you filled out the form. Now what?
First, we must verify ownership and your ability to edit your website. We sent you an email that includes some instructions on how to do this. (Please check your spam folder!) This email is targeted towards traditional, self-hosted websites.
Important Note! If you're using a service provider such as Wordpress, using Social Media, Email marketing, or don't have a website, please see the specific steps below.
Sometimes, even if you follow all the steps, you may get a verification failure. In this case, or if you have any questions regarding any part of this process, for fastest response please reach out to email@example.com.
Once you have verified your website, our Applications Team will still need to review your application and determine if you're a good fit for our network. Please see our Affiliate Application FAQ, Reasons for denial and our Selection Criteria for more details. Please be patient, as we manually review each application, and it may take a week or longer!
Standard, automated Verification Process
• File upload verification: An affiliate application can be confirmed by uploading a small text file to your website and then letting AvantLink verify the existence of that file. As soon as that step is complete you may delete the verification file - you won't need it again.
The exact procedure for using the file upload confirmation is as follows:
(1) Download the verification file from AvantLink from the link in the email we sent you.
(2) Save this file to your local computer as "avantlink_confirmation.txt".
(3) Using an FTP program, upload the "avantlink_confirmation.txt" file to your website so that it can be accessed as "yoursite.com/avantlink_confirmaiton.txt".
(4) Browse to the URL provided in the email we sent, to verify the presence of the file.
(5) If your application confirmation was successful, you can delete the "avantlink_confirmation.txt" file from both your website and your local computer.
Facebook, Twitter, etc: If you are advertising on Facebook, Twitter, etc, this will require us to manually review and verify your website. Most social media do not allow you to paste code on your site, In order to best assist with this, we ask that you place something on your profile / feed to verify that it's really you. Please take the following steps:
- Please place the following on your profile, bio, or feed: #AvantLink.
- Once you have placed this on your profile, please email Affiliate-Apps@AvantLink.com to make our team aware. (Note: This is a manual process so our staff will not be aware that you've placed the message until you contact us.) Please include the following information with your email to help us better serve you:
- Have you been asked to join by an AvantLink staff member, a Merchant, or Program Manager? If so, it is vital that you include that you have and some sort of email correspondence from them asking you to join in your email to us.
- A hyperlink to the page where the message has been placed.
An approval or denial email will be sent to the email address you included on your application after we review your social media page. Please feel free to remove the message after you receive our response.
Prefer to do things the old fashioned way, with email lists? We do accept affiliates who fall into this category, but email marketing efforts must comply with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 legislation and the applicable regulations governing email marketing. The CAN-SPAM Act, which became effective January 1, 2004, covers email whose primary purpose is advertising or promoting a commercial product or service, including content on a web site. Applications will require a thorough review with our Affiliate Applications team. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make them aware, and they will review.
Hosted Web Services / CMS Sites
WordPress: Wordpress is the most popular 'do it yourself' website editor.
Wix, Gatorhost, Blogger, ColdFusion, SquareSpace, Adobe Muse, etc: There may be special steps you need to take to allow integration of custom script. Sometimes it's as easy as selecting a "custom HTML" block. Please do a search for how to do this can be accomplished on your platform.
If for some reason you are unable to use our Standard, automated Verification Process, please be sure all contact forms are functional. For manual confirmation we will typically contact you directly through your websites contact form. If you do not have a contact form set up we may attempt to contact you through any associated social channels tied to your website. If we cannot find a way to manually authenticate, it is likely you will be denied.
What if I don't have a website? Please see our article on our FAQ regarding this. Currently, we require a fully built site, with organic traffic and high quality original content to consider you for affiliation. Many affiliates try to integrate with us as they are still building their site. If this is the case, you will need to provide us verifiable statistics of other sites that you have successfully monetized.
If you have any questions or issues, please reach out to email@example.com for fastest response. Thank you!