Once you have submitted your affiliate application, the next step is to verify the site ownership and your ability to edit your website. AvantLink’s Affiliate Applications team will send you an email that includes the verification instructions. (Please check your spam folder!)
The verification steps are also listed below and cover:
- Standard/Automated Verification Process
- Manual Verification
- Social Media Account Verification
- Email Campaigns
- Hosted Web Services / CMS Sites
- Future Integration
STANDARD/AUTOMATED VERIFICATION PROCESS
File upload verification: An affiliate application can be confirmed by uploading a small text file to your website and then letting AvantLink verify the existence of that file. As soon as that step is complete you may delete the verification file - you won't need it again. The exact procedure for using the file upload confirmation is as follows:
- Download the verification file found in the instruction email AvantLink sent to you.
- Save this file to your local computer as "avantlink_confirmation.txt".
- Using an FTP program, upload the "avantlink_confirmation.txt" file to your website so that it can be accessed as "yoursite.com/avantlink_confirmaiton.txt".
- Browse to the URL provided in the email sent, to verify the presence of the file.
- If your application confirmation was successful, you can delete the "avantlink_confirmation.txt" file from both your website and your local computer.
If you are using a website template builder, wix, gatorhost, squarespace, blogger, etc., manual ownership authentication may be required. Please be sure all contact forms are functional. For manual confirmation the AvantLink Affiliate Applications team will typically contact you directly through your websites contact form. If you do not have a contact form set up AvantLink may attempt to contact you through any associated social channels tied to your website. If we cannot find a way to manually authenticate, it is likely you will be denied.
SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNT VERIFICATION
If you are advertising on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc, this will require AvantLink's Affiliate Applications team to manually review and verify your social media account. Most social media do not allow you to paste code on your site. In order to best assist with this, we ask that you place something on your profile / feed to verify that it's really you. Please take the following steps:
- Place the following on your profile, bio, or feed: #AvantLink.
- Once you have placed this on your profile, please email affiliate-apps@avantLink.com to make our team aware. Note: This is a manual process so our staff will not be aware that you've placed the message until you contact us. Please include the following information with your email to help us better serve you:
- Please detail if you have been asked to join the network by an AvantLink staff member, a merchant, or program manager. It is vital that you provide any email correspondence from the invitee outlining their request for you to join the network.
- A hyperlink to the page where the message has been placed.
An approval or denial email will be sent to the email address you included on your application after we review your social media page. Please feel free to remove the message after you receive our response.
Prefer to do things the old fashioned way, with email lists? AvantLink does accept affiliates who fall into this category, but email marketing efforts must comply with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 legislation and the applicable regulations governing email marketing. The CAN-SPAM Act, which became effective January 1, 2004, covers email whose primary purpose is advertising or promoting a commercial product or service, including content on a website. Applications will require a thorough review with the AvantLink Affiliate Applications team. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make them aware, and they will review.
HOSTED WEB SERVICES/CMS SITES
Wix, Gatorhost, Blogger, ColdFusion, SquareSpace, Adobe Muse, etc: There may be special steps you need to take to allow integration of custom script. Sometimes it's as easy as selecting a "custom HTML" block. Please do a search for how this can be accomplished on your platform.
If you do not have a website, please see our article on our FAQ regarding this. Currently, AvantLink requires a fully built site, with organic traffic and high quality original content to consider you for affiliation. Many affiliates try to integrate with us as they are still building their site. If this is the case, you will need to provide us verifiable statistics of other sites that you have successfully monetized.
Sometimes, even if you follow all the steps, you may get a verification failure. In this case, or if you have any questions regarding any part of this process, please contact email@example.com.
Once your site is verified, AvantLink’s Applications Team will review your application again to ensure that you are a good fit for the network. Please see our Affiliate Application FAQ, Reasons for Denial and our Selection Criteria for more details. Please be patient, as the AvantLink Affiliate Applications team manually reviews each application, and it may take a week or longer!