By design AvantLink has instituted a more thorough application review than most networks. The process includes a site ownership confirmation step first, then a manual/human review.
The gatekeeper role and subsequent activation of new accounts is the best defense against traffic thieves and other scammers. At the initial point of entry AvantLink protects the integrity of the network, the hard work of honest/legitimate affiliates and the brand interest of high profile merchants who choose AvantLink for their affiliate programs.
Although some may find it difficult or frustrating to complete the application process, in the long run it’s in the best interest of all relevant parties to maintain the cleanest network in performance marketing. If you have read through the list of FAQs below and still have questions or need assistance please email email@example.com.
- What types of affiliates is AvantLink looking for?
- Why are you asking me to prove that I have administrative site access and confirm my application?
- Is it possible to be accepted when my site is not yet fully built out, or published?
- Can I apply using a Facebook, Twitter or YouTube community as the website?
- Do I need to have a website to apply?
- What if I have been asked to join by a specific Merchant, OPM partner, or network representative?
- Why was I denied?
WHAT TYPES OF AFFILIATES IS AVANTLINK LOOKING FOR?
AvantLink accepts the following affiliate categories/classifications: Community, Content, Coupon/Deal, DOTD/ODAT, Loyalty/Rebate, Mobile, Product Comparison/Reviews, Search Engine Marketing, Social Media, Sub-Affiliate Network, Third Party Tool Provider and Toolbar/Add-on. Currently “Email Marketing” affiliates or “CPA/Lead Generation” networks are not being accepted. In general AvantLink qualifies any affiliate who holds merit and adds value. Affiliates that represent a merchant brand in a positive and productive way will qualify. Thin affiliate websites that simply replicate merchant catalogs with no added content/value, incomplete sites or parked domains do not qualify.
WHY ARE YOU ASKING ME TO PROVE THAT I HAVE ADMINISTRATIVE SITE ACCESS?
AvantLink confronts application fraud on a regular basis. In a nutshell, this is the attempt by individuals to gain access to the network with a website that does not belong to them. There are a wide range of nefarious reasons for someone wanting access to an affiliate account. By requiring proof of site ownership (and/or administrative access), AvantLink effectively filters most would-be scammers at the initial entry point to the network. Your application will not be reviewed for acceptance until you complete the confirmation step.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO BE ACCEPTED WHEN MY SITE IS NOT YET FULLY BUILT OR PUBLISHED?
Generally speaking, no. If you just registered and parked your domain name, or recently launched a blog with little or no content, it’s best to hold off on applying until there is more progress to avoid a denial. However AvantLink may make an exception if a good “splash page” or “teaser” exists. If the endeavor and effective launch of your new website would benefit from access to relevant merchants/products, building an appealing promotional page at the domain will be necessary. Without that, most merchants would deny partnership invitations even if the network were to activate. For those with websites that have not launched be sure there is an outline of promotional plans and a complete description for a better chance at early activation.
CAN I APPLY USING A FACEBOOK, TWITTER, OR YOUTUBE SITE AS THE WEBSITE?
DO I NEED TO HAVE A WEBSITE TO APPLY?
Yes, 99% of the time AvantLink requires a web presence of some kind for activation. If you are an online marketing professional it is a good practice to have some kind of website, even if that means a simple brochure type of site that explains your product or services. For example, if you developed an iPhone app and would like to monetize it with affiliate links, build a one page site promoting the app so merchants know they can accept you to their programs. The same applies for affiliates utilizing paid search, social media marketing or other unconventional tactics. If you submit your application with “google.com” as the website you will be unable to confirm your application.
WHAT IF I HAVE BEEN ASKED TO JOIN BY A SPECIFIC MERCHANT, PROGRAM MANAGER, OPM PARTNER, OR NETWORK REPRESENTATIVE?
Please include this information in the Website description field of the signup form.
WHY WAS I DENIED?
AvantLink reviews a few key factors in determining an affiliate's eligibility. Below are common reasons for denial:
- The most common issue is that your traffic ranking is too low, or that your site is not established (less than 3 months old) so we're unable to get a significant reading on it.
- Generally, AvantLink recommends to spend the first 6 months of your new website, building content, establishing authority (unique content), garnering backlinks (links from other websites to yours), implementing SEO, and even paid traffic generation (PPC / keyword bidding) in order to increase your traffic. Even modest increases will greatly increase your ranking, and subsequently your eligibility with us.
- Another common issue is applying with a website which isn't finished, doesn't have content, or is very sparse on content. Please ensure that your web presence is providing value, information, and content, to be considered for eligibility.
If you have read through the list of FAQs below and still have questions or need assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.