With the Paid Placement Bidding Tool, AvantLink provides a great opportunity for merchant’s to bid on priority banner ad placements located on high-valued affiliate sites. This article will review how a merchant can:
- Access the Paid Placement Bidding Tool
- Review Potential Placements
- Place a New Bid
- Review Current, Future, and Past Bids
ACCESSING THE PAID PLACEMENT TOOL
Navigate to Ad Tools>Paid Placements:
From the interface, you can place a new bid by reviewing potential placement opportunities or view current, future and past bids. Let’s review both:
REVIEWING POTENTIAL PAID PLACEMENT OPPORTUNITIES
This page will allow you to search through all affiliates who have opted to participate in paid ad placements. You can search through affiliate placements by Website Classification, Website Category, or additional Search Restrictions (i.e. Affiliate ID, Name, URL, etc.).
You can also filter utilizing a number of other metrics to help you decide which affiliate placement is right for you, including:
- Minimum Daily Bid
- Ad Size needed
- Type of placement (usually whether it is a placement to be featured site wide or on a single page)
- Location of the ad
PLACING A NEW BID
Once you have selected an affiliate ad to bid on, simply select the hyperlinked description located under ‘Name’ on the left-hand column. On this page, you can complete all the information needed to place your bid.
The next page reviews specific information and allows you to select details of the placement you have chosen:
- Name of affiliate
- Minimum daily bid required
- Ad size requirements
- Description of the placement
- Implementation type - i.e. sitewide, single page, or multiple pages
- Implementation URL(s) or the specific page(s) that the ad will appear if you win the bid
- Start/end dates of your placement bid
- Daily amount of your placement bid (which must meet or exceed the minimum daily bid outlined above)
- Ads from your active campaign list to showcase in your placement if you win the bid. You must have the ad available in the ad size requirements outlined above. Once selected, you can then see how your ad will look in the ad placement.
Items to Remember:
- Bids are to be placed in the ad space in 24 hour blocks starting at 12:00 AM and expiring at 11:59 PM.
- New bids for ad placements can be placed up until 11:59PM the day before the placement is set to begin.
- Bids can be made for a single day or multiple day increments.
- Bids for ad placement can be outbid by another merchant. If this is the case, you can rebid and submit a higher daily amount.
VIEWING CURRENT, FUTURE & PAST BIDS
The following page allows you to see all current bids in place including the bids that are pending and a listing of all completed bids.
If you have any questions about the Paid Placement Bidding System, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.