AvantLink’s email tool allows you to effectively communicate with all affiliates/publishers or a designated tag group within your program. The following article will review:
- How to create and send an email
- Tips for effective/concise communication
- When to send emails to affiliates/publishers
CREATE AN EMAIL
To begin your communication, navigate to Tools > Email Affiliates. From here, there are a number of ways we have made it easy for you to create an impactful email.
Retrieve Drafts/Previously Sent Emails
You can refer to previous emails you have composed and sent to help you get started. Select “Retrieve drafts and previously sent emails” at the top of the page. This gives you the opportunity to:
- read previously drafted emails
- select a previously drafted email to utilize as a template
- review draft emails that have not been sent
If you would like to start from scratch, you can move on to the next step and select recipients.
Email an individual affiliate/publishers, all affiliates/publishers, or choose a group of affiliates/publishers based on a wide variety of factors including:
- All Affiliates
- Ad campaign usage
- New affiliate
- Tag Groups
- Tool Usage
You can choose to combine or exclude any of groups using the filter tool.
COMPOSE EMAIL MESSAGE
Create and format a message that will get your partners’ attention. There are a number of great tools to help, including:
- Personalized Tag: Ensure an affiliate email is automatically personalized with First name, Last name, Full name, Login URL, an affiliate’s commission, or Website ID.
- Ad Campaign: Include text and banner ads by selecting the Ad Campaign tool. Always try to include both text and banners (if applicable). You can also select staged ads, that are not yet live, if this newsletter is for the future.
- Seasonal/Promo Ads: Add promotions based on seasonal ads.
You also have the ability to add link urls, images and even YouTube links from AvantLink’s support page.
- The body of your email should be concise and engaging.
- Include text or banner ads
- Include start and end dates for any promotion
You can preview your email to check for any edits needed. Once you are ready to send, schedule your email to go out immediately or for a later date.
- When you Submit Email for Approval, the email will go to the AvantLink compliance team for one final review. Please email email@example.com immediately if you need our team to reject the email. You will receive an email notification when your email is approved.
When to Send a Newsletter
Communicating with your affiliates/publishers on a regular basis - at least once a month - is important. Below are a few ideas to help facilitate communication with your affiliates/publishers.
- New promotions. For important sales, send out a pre-emptive message to give affiliates/publishers time to prepare
- Updated or date extensions of current ad campaigns
- Program performance. Let your affiliate partners know about top converting products or ad campaigns
- General updates from your company including new initiatives/goals
- New product launches
- Changes to your company’s site
- Changes to your affiliate program strategy
AvantLink’s email tool makes it easy to communicate with your entire affiliate/publisher base at once or segment your communication to a select group. Continually communicating with your partners is key to ensuring that your brand is included in their planning schedule. If you have any questions about this article or the tactics discussed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.