Below affiliates will find technical integration details for AvantLink. For affiliate marketing beginners and those new to the network, you should first review our Welcome Package & Introductory Guide.
Please reference the information below when integrating your website, service or platform with AvantLink. This document includes a breakdown of our tracking link parameters & tool type values, links to our publisher API modules and instructions on how to test tracking.
IMPORTANT: The primary component of an AvantLink tracking URL is the “Publisher Website ID”, which will show as the “pw” parameter in all tracking links (pw=XXXX). If you are an affiliate tool provider, users of your service need to supply website ID instead of affiliate/publisher ID which are commonly used in other networks.
Tracking URL Example (built with Custom Link Builder tool):
Not all AvantLink ad tools use the exact same set of parameters; the above is indicative of Custom Link URLs only.
Parameters for Custom Link Above:
- “tt=cl” – “tt” stands for tool type and “cl” stands for custom link
- “mi=11707″ – “mi” stands for merchant id. 11707 is the merchant id for Under Armour
- “pw=9649″ – “pw” stands for publisher website and 9649 is the website id for the site chosen for this link
- “ctc=test-1234″ – “ctc” is optional and stands for custom tracking code – may be populated with any alphanumeric value of 64 characters (plus periods, spaces, hyphens & underscores – the latter two of which are just converted to spaces) or less
- “url=http%3A…” – “url” stands for the destination URL and the value of the parameter is the encoded destination Merchant URL
Tool Type Parameter Values (browse all AvantLink publisher tools):
- ale – Automatic Link Encoder
- app – Third-Party Application
- cf – Deal Feed
- cl – Custom Link
- cs – Deal Feed Syndication
- df – Datafeed
- dotd – Deal of the Day
- ml – Merchant Link (e.g. Banner/Text Ad Campaigns)
- paw – Product Ad Widget
- pdb – Product Display Builder
- pl – Product Link
The AvantLink API provides advanced data input and retrieval functionality for members of the network. The API framework itself is constructed in a REST-style architecture, so usage is entirely platform independent and open to development with any programming language. For a complete listing of API functionality and example usage, see our API Documentation.
API Modules for Affiliates:
- Data Retrieval
- Subscription Configuration
Once integration is complete, verify tracking is working correctly by using the following checklist:
- Click on a Merchant tracking link from AvantLink.
- Once on Merchant website find the “avad=” parameter value from the landing page URL (or from the cookie).
- Paste the “avad=” value into the “Tracking ID Details” tool, available by clicking “Account” on main menu, then “Tracking ID Details”.
- Verify that everything looks correct from the “Tracking ID Details” report.
If clicks are recorded correctly then sale/commission tracking is working! Those interested in full transaction/commission verification must place their own order.
IMPORTANT: For standard click and sale transaction reporting it may take up to ten (10) minutes for the data to show up in our system.