Please reference the information below when integrating your website, service or platform with AvantLink. This document includes a breakdown of our tracking link parameters & tool type values, links to our publisher API modules and instructions on how to test tracking.
UPDATE 01/23/2018: With the implementation of our new Custom Link Builder, custom links can now use UUIDs for "website_id" and "merchant_id", rather than "mi=" or "pw=". We do recommend using the UUIDs for new links going forward.
IMPORTANT: The primary component of an AvantLink tracking URL is the “Publisher Website ID”, which will show as the “pw” or "website_id" parameter in all tracking links (pw=XXXX). If you are an affiliate tool provider, users of your service need to supply website ID instead of affiliate/publisher ID which are commonly used in other networks.
(Please make sure you are logged in before you select the links below.)
Tracking URL Example (built with Custom Link Builder tool):
Not all AvantLink ad tools use the exact same set of parameters; the above is indicative of Custom Link URLs only.
Parameters for Custom Link Above:
- “tt=cl” – “tt” stands for tool type and “cl” stands for custom link
- “mi=11707″ – “mi” stands for merchant id. 11707 is the merchant id for Under Armour
- “pw=9649″ – “pw” stands for publisher website and 9649 is the website id for the site chosen for this link
- “ctc=test-1234″ – “ctc” is optional and stands for custom tracking code – may be populated with any alphanumeric value of 64 characters (plus periods, spaces, hyphens & underscores or less
- “url=http%3A…” – “url” stands for the destination URL and the value of the parameter is the encoded destination Merchant URL
Tool Type Parameter Values (browse all AvantLink publisher tools):
- ale – Automatic Link Encoder
- app – Third-Party Application
- cf – Deal Feed
- cl – Custom Link
- cs – Deal Feed Syndication
- df – Datafeed
- dotd – Deal of the Day
- ml – Merchant Link (e.g. Banner/Text Ad Campaigns)
- paw – Product Ad Widget
- pcw – Product Content Widget
- AND More!
The AvantLink API provides advanced data input and retrieval functionality for members of the network. The API framework itself is constructed in a REST-style architecture, so usage is entirely platform independent and open to development with any programming language. For a complete listing of API functionality and example usage, see our API Documentation.
API Modules for Affiliates:
- Data Retrieval
- Ad Search
- Affiliate Report
- Affiliate Report RSS
- Association Feed
- Custom Link
- DOTD Feed (Deal Of The Day)
- Product Content
- Product Price Check
- Product Search
- Product Taxonomy
- Subscription Feed
- Website Feed
- Subscription Configuration
Once integration is complete, verify tracking is working correctly by using the following checklist:
- Click on a Merchant tracking link from AvantLink.
- Once on Merchant website find the “avad=” parameter value from the landing page URL (or from the cookie).
- Paste the “avad=” value into the “Tracking ID Details” tool, available by clicking “Account” on main menu, then “Tracking ID Details”.
- Verify that everything looks correct from the “Tracking ID Details” report.
If clicks are recorded correctly then sale/commission tracking is working! Those interested in full transaction/commission verification must place their own order.
IMPORTANT: For standard click and sale transaction reporting it may take up to ten (10) minutes for the data to show up in our system.