The holiday season is early this year, and now is the time to get everything ready. Most affiliate publishers make most of their money during Q4, as the holiday season has the year’s highest sales.
- Do your research. Look at last year's best sellers and see what’s still hot. Take a look at this year's best sellers and get those featured. Find new can’t-resist gift ideas.
- Update or create a media kit and send it to your active merchants. If not a complete media kit, create a summary of your properties, demographics, and audience. Let us know if you need help getting started, and we can send examples.
- Use our dynamic ads tool to get text/banner ads set on your site to auto-update by the merchant advertiser for in-season promotions and sales. Check out this article to set those up.
- Put together gift guides and gear lists, making unique pages on your site, videos, podcasts, and social posts. People are actively looking for suggestions.
- Seek out Black Friday (BF), Cyber Monday (CM), and Holiday promotions. Ask your merchant partners for a calendar of sales and deals. Start staging when you will promo, send emails, and social posts. Ask for Free Shipping minimum purchases (which has the highest consumer interest) and Last Chance shipping dates. Offer commission increase opportunities for featured promotions during the BF/CM weekend.
- Build your content and stage pages ready for release on Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales during peak promotional periods. Build your emails to your opt-in list and schedule for release. Once emails are sent, post about your content on your social media pages, allowing viewers to engage where they are comfortable.
Getting organized and staying engaged with your merchant advertisers is key as we approach a very busy time. If you have any questions, please contact our team for help (link to firstname.lastname@example.org).