Applying to merchant programs isn’t a guarantee of acceptance. Some merchants may only screen applications every other week, or you can be rejected without knowing why. The AvantLink team knows how important - and at times frustrating - getting accepted can be, so we put together some pointers on additional tactics to use when your application stalls.
- In addition to sending an application, email the merchant directly with a three-sentence pitch on why you would be an excellent affiliate for their brand. Make sure to include your affiliate ID.
- Connect via other communication avenues. LinkedIn connections and messaging have some of the highest response rates.
- Look for other contact emails on the merchant site. Using a free tool like Hunter.io can help you find other points of contact if your first outreach didn’t get a response. Add these as a CC to get more attention.
- Change things up. After a few days without a response, respond to your latest email and add a call out to the subject line: URGENT, SECOND ATTEMPT, ALERT. Add a few sentences with additional information and hyperlink to your site, media kit, and social pages. List monthly site visitors, number of followers or other important information.
- Don’t give up. Merchant recruitment offers can require 2-3 attempts to get a response. If you hit a wall, contact our account management team for help.
Finding more merchant advertisers and brands to promote will help you grow your affiliate site. Our team is here to help you grow your affiliate sales and commissions. Reach out if you get stuck and need new ideas.