So, you have a good grasp of the basics of building and maintaining a strong affiliate program. Often our team at AvantLink fields the question – “What else can we be doing?” Our team of account managers has you covered. Below is a list of tactics that can be used to take your program to the next level.
- Offer an incentive to affiliates to reach their sales goals. Utilizing AvantLink’s Performance Based Commission is an effective way to award higher commission rates to one affiliate or a group of affiliates after a certain sales threshold is met within a month.
- Ensure that your affiliate partners are equally awarded. Utilizing AvantLink's Avantmetrics tracking can help your team understand when more than one affiliate is part of a sale. Based on this data, you can share or split commissions among affiliates.
- Award affiliates a higher commission if a sale involves a new customer. Utilizing AvantLink’s new customer tracking allows your program to identify your affiliate partners bringing in that coveted customer. The first step would be to confirm that your account is set up to track new customer data.
- Provide products to your affiliates for review. Also known as Product Seeding, product reviews can be an effective way to educate a new consumer segment about your product while providing an authentic review of how your product works.
- Increase commission for specific products. Utilizing AvantLink’s Item Based Commission is a great way to award a higher commission to products you wish to get more traction on in the affiliate channel.
Advanced affiliate strategies can not only help your brand partner more effectively with your affiliate base but can help extend your brand's reach to new and relevant audiences that you might not have reached otherwise. To initiate any of these advanced affiliate strategies, please contact our Account Management team for further guidance (firstname.lastname@example.org).