So, you filled out the form. Now what?
First, we must verify ownership and your ability to edit your website. We sent you an email that includes some instructions on how to do this. (Please check your spam folder!) This email is targeted towards traditional, self-hosted websites.
Important Note! If you're using a service provider such as Wordpress, using Social Media, Email marketing, or don't have a website, please see the specific steps below.
Sometimes, even if you follow all the steps, you may get a verification failure. In this case, or if you have any questions regarding any part of this process, for fastest response please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you have verified your website, our Applications Team will still need to review your application and determine if you're a good fit for our network. Please see our Affiliate Application FAQ and Selection Criteria for more details. Please be patient, as we manually review each application, and it may take a week or longer!
Standard, automated Verification Process
• File upload verification: An affiliate application can be confirmed by uploading a small text file to your website and then letting AvantLink verify the existence of that file. As soon as that step is complete you may delete the verification file - you won't need it again.
The exact procedure for using the file upload confirmation is as follows:
(1) Download the verification file from AvantLink from the link in the email we sent you.
(2) Save this file to your local computer as "avantlink_confirmation.txt".
(3) Using an FTP program, upload the "avantlink_confirmation.txt" file to your website so that it can be accessed as "yoursite.com/avantlink_confirmaiton.txt".
(4) Browse to the URL provided in the email we sent, to verify the presence of the file.
(5) If your application confirmation was successful, you can delete the "avantlink_confirmation.txt" file from both your website and your local computer.
Facebook, Twitter, etc: If you are advertising on Facebook, Twitter, etc, this will require us to manually review and verify your website. Most social media do not allow you to paste code on your site, In order to best assist with this, we ask that you place something on your profile / feed to verify that it's really you -- such as a post indicating "Excited to work with AvantLink!", or something similar. Please email email@example.com to make them aware, and they will review.
Prefer to do things the old fashioned way, with email lists? We do accept affiliates who fall into this category, but it will require a thorough review with our Affiliate Applications team. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make them aware, and they will review.
Hosted Web Services / CMS Sites
WordPress: Wordpress is the most popular 'do it yourself' website editor.
Wix, Blogger, ColdFusion, SquareSpace, Adobe Muse, etc: There may be special steps you need to take to allow integration of custom script. Sometimes it's as easy as selecting a "custom HTML" block. Please do a search for how to do this can be accomplished on your platform.
What if I don't have a website? Please see our article on our FAQ regarding this. Currently, we require a fully built site, with organic traffic and high quality original content to consider you for affiliation. Many affiliates try to integrate with us as they are still building their site. If this is the case, you will need to provide us verifiable statistics of other sites that you have successfully monetized.
If you have any questions or issues, please reach out to email@example.com for fastest response. Thank you!